- Medical Dressing Wholesale
- Medical Gauze
- Wound Dressing
- Medical Cotton
- Medical Bandage Wholesale
- Surgical Tape & Medical Plaster Wholesale
- Sports Tape & Sports Safety Products Wholesale
- Disposable Non Woven Products Wholesale
- Rapid Test Kit Wholesale
- Home Care Medical Products Wholesale
Wholesale Alginate Wound Dressing For Wound Care
Alginate wound dressing is a dressing mixture of alginate fibers and calcium ions from the natural seaweed. When the dressing meets exudates from the wound, a gel could be made on the surface of the wound which could make a durative moist environment for the wound and accelerate the healing of the wound.
1. Excellent absorbency: It can absorb lots of exudates quickly and lock the microorganism. Alginate dressing can be used for infected wounds.
2. When alginate dressing absorbs exudates from wound, a gel is formed on the surface of wound. It keeps the wound in moist environment, and then accelerates wound healing. Besides there is no adherence to wound and it is easy to be peeled off without pain.
3. The Ca+ in alginate dressing exchanges with Na+ in blood during the exudates absorption. This can activate the prothrombin and accelerate the cruor process.
4. It is soft and elastic, can have complete contact with the wound, and can be used to fill into the cavity wounds.
5. Special sizes and styles can be designed according to customers’ requirements for different clinical needs.
1. For all kinds of wounds with heavy exudates.
2. For all kinds of hemorrhagic wounds.
3. For all kinds of chronic wounds, infected wounds and difficult healing wounds.
4. Alginate strip can be used for filling into all kinds of cavity wounds.
1. It is not suitable for dry wounds.
2. Clean the wounds with saline water, and make sure the wound area is clean and dry before using the dressing.
3. Alginate dressing should be 2cm larger than the wound area.
4. It is suggested to put the dressing on wound for maximum one week.
5. When the exudates decrease, it is suggested to change to another kind of dressing, such as foam dressing or hydrocolloid dressing.
6. Check the size, depth of cavity wound before using alginate strip. Fill the wound from bottom without any wound space left, or it may affect the wound healing.
7. Special sizes and styles can be designed according to customers’ requirements for different clinical needs.